Marker #1000. From 1856, when Comfort's postal station was established until this building was constructed in 1910, the town's post office was housed in various mercantile stores. In 1910, while Hermann Ingenhuett was serving as postmaster, this building was completed. Designed by noted San Antonio architect Alfred Giles, the renaissance revival style structure exhibits Giles' talent for blending red brick and limestone. It remained in use as a post office until 1952. It is a recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1985
This one-story brick designed by Alfred Giles for Paul Ingenhuett was to be used as a post office. It remained the Comfort Post Office until 1952. Since then, it has been apartments, antiques shops and restaurants. Designated with Texas Historical Landmark in 1985.
One story brick and limestone; keystone arch above entrance.
Double doors flanked by two windows, crowned by parapet.