Comfort Community Church - Marker in/near Comfort

Marker #998 - 1986 Dedicated in 1892, this Gothic revival building first served the Deutsche Evangelische Gemeinde (German Evangelical Congregation), founded the previous year by the Rev. Frederick Bauer. The bell tower was added about 1898. For over 50 years, the Lutherans shared their building with other denominations, and the structure became known as the Comfort Community Church. It continues to serve the Immanuel Lutheran Church, as the congregation was renamed in 1947. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1986 (High Street, between 2nd and 3rd, Comfort)


Photo Credit: Bryden Moon


0 views