Kendalia Community Church - Marker in/near Kendalia

Marker #2919 - 1979 In 1882 Boerne newspaper editor Carl Gustav Vogel and his wife Ettie began buying land in this area. After Kendalia Methodist Episcopal Church, South, organized in 1886, the Vogels deeded this site to the congregation. Community residents built this meetinghouse. The fellowship merged with First Methodist Church of Boerne in 1966. A new congregation, "Kendalia Community Church", acquired this building and continues to serve the area. (Jones and Arthurs Streets, Kendalia - two blocks N of SH 473) Photo Credit: Col. Bettie Edmonds


0 views