Idlewilde Lodge - Marker in/near Comfort

Updated: Feb 15, 2021

Marker #2615 - 1983 Built in 1902 of Texas long leaf yellow pine with cypress siding and millwork, this structure was first used as a spa by Dr. C. H. Wilkinson of Galveston. In 1906 the property was sold to E. Hugo, who operated "Camp Reliance" here until 1912 when Robert Wilke acquired the land and adopted the name "Camp Good Times". The building was bought by the YWCA in 1918 and served as the main lodge for "Camp Idlewilde", a girls' summer camp, for more than 60 years. (from Comfort, take FM 473 about 1.5 miles E - turn S onto road to lodge, about .5 mile to site)



1 view

Recent Posts

See All