Otto Brinkmann House - Marker in/near Comfort

Marker #3882 - 1976 The cottage was built in 1860 by German-born Otto Brinkmann (1832-1915), who lived here with his brothers until he married Marie Johanne Ochse in 1867. The half-timbered walls filled with native stone display the "fachwerk" technique introduced in Texas by German immigrants. The structure was enlarged in 1879, when the owner was Brinkmann's mother-in-law, Mrs. Julius Ochse. The house was purchased in 1973 and restored by Mr. and Mrs. William E. Parrish. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1976


0 views