Marker #4440 - 1986. The first Episcopal worship service in Kendall County was held in the Old Kuhfuss Hall in Boerne in 1873. St. Helena's congregation was organized by Bishop R. W. B. Elliott in 1881, and a small wooden church structure was erected on this site. By 1927, the need for a new church had arisen. The original wooden building was razed to make room for a new limestone sanctuary. Later additions have included educational and office facilities. St. Helena's Church, a part of Boerne history for over a century, has often served as a center of community activities.
Stone, Gothic style church building. Sanctuary above ground with a basement partially below ground. Basement used for classes and group meetings.
The first Episcopal worship service was held in Boerne in 1873. St. Helen's congregation was organized in 1881, and a small wooden structure was erected on this site.
Photo Credit: Ted and Janis Maxymof