Vogt-Clegg Log House - Marker in/near Boerne

Marker #5660 - 1993 German immigrants Wilhelm (1826-1912) and Ernestine (1830-1907) Vogt built this house about 1860 as a one-room log structure. As their family of nine children grew they built two additional log pens connected by dog trot passages. In the 1870s they moved into a larger home next to the log house. San Antonio residents Luther and Laura Clegg purchased the property from the Vogt heirs in 1919 and it remained in their family until 1984. This cabin and the adjacent historic smokehouse serve as reminders of pioneer German architecture in Kendall County. ( **On Private Property**)


0 views

Recent Posts

See All